Friday 22 July 2011

Little White Butterfly



When I was a little girl, and I don't remember the exact details of how it happened to happen, but I looked after a "cocoon" in a match box.  I remember so clearly, opening the match box and checking on the cocoon that lay inside.

I was so fascinated.  It was alive in there but hidden.  And it seemed to take ages to do what looked like absolutely nothing.  I kept checking on it, opening the little match box and there it would be - cocooning.

Then one day it started to change, so that night I went to sleep and left the match box open, outside in the open.

In the morning I awoke and rushed to take a look and the matchbox was empty.  She was gone.

And then later that day, a beautiful pure white butterfly came to me and kept flying around me.  Never too close, but close enough and my Grandad said, "There she is.  She's come to say hello to you."

I was so touched.  I had a little friend that was a butterfly.  I never saw her again after that but I knew she'd come to say thank you to me, before she left to live her life as a butterfly.

It was beautiful.

No comments: