Friday 8 July 2011

Gypsy In My Heart


 There's a gypsy in my heart,
Though I may walk quietly,
I long to walk barefoot on the grass,
And dance,
Because I feel,
I feel things so much,
When it rains,
I want you there with me,
You and me together,
The rain making us both wet,
I want you there,
Pulling my hair,
Pulling me close to you.
There's a gypsy in my heart,
Full of passion,
I feel so much,
A child's laugh warms my heart,
Puppies' tails make me smile,
The eyes of an old lady burn into my heart,
Who is she? What life has she known?
There's a gypsy in my heart,
I want to be free,
I want to be wild,
Like a child,
Free without a care,
Flicking my curly hair,
Dancing bare feet,
Moving to the beat,
I like it tribal, I like to dance,
Flowers grow,
And I wonder at how they are so beautiful,
So perfect,
A twig, so amazing,
How did things get to be so wonderful,
I am in awe at it all,
Life is an adventure,
All the people that walk past,
Different stories,
Entertain me,
But I am a gypsy at heart,
Wild, at home in the forest,
Bare feet,
Dancing,
And loving you.

3 comments:

Janie said...

this so describes who you are jacqui! love it and love you! Janie

Writer Unleashed said...

Thank you Janie :) As you said, I am like a child :)

Janie said...

yes you are and i love that about you!