Saturday 26 February 2011

Red Coat Walking

I'm wearing a red coat and they're wearing grey coats and I'm walking through the matrix.
But I'm not part of it anymore.  I'm not sure when it was exactly, that I left.  When I extracted my mind.  I think I'd always been working up to that moment.  None of it made sense to me.  I never wanted to be part of it.  But I didn't know back then that I had a choice.
I look out through my eyes and see people that are still locked in - their eyes look dead and vacant.  Their faces tipped towards the floor, their foreheads creased - it's almost as if I can see the worries crossing through their minds.  I know where they are - I've been there: squashed.  So full of worries and pressures.  So busy.  So everything but their true and fullest selves.
I know I can't heal the world.  There are ways out of the forest but you have to look for them to find them.  Everyone has to make their own choices.  Some choose to stay in the trees.  Some choose to look for better adventures.  Maybe that's the difference.  Some settle and others just can't.
It used to bother me, it used to make me feel sad but you can't force a horse to drink water.  You can only offer it.  I switch on the music and the world becomes a film scene.  People whizz by me.  Busy people bump into me.  I keep walking.  Sometimes eyes awake catch mine - rare but brilliant.  I smile and keep walking.  The music is putting fire in my feet.  I'm bouncing.  Still there in the matrix but only skimming through - not really there at all. Red coat amongst grey coats.

No comments: