Thursday 17 November 2011

Living Breathing Work of Art



I look at all the people and I finally concede that I am not responsible for them.  I am not responsible for what they think, what they say, what they do.  But I am responsible for me.

I am my own creation.  Every day I am the artist that carves and paints this living breathing work that is me.

I am responsible for me.

I can be pink, when everyone else seems grey.

I can dance, when everyone else shuffles along with their heads down.

I can laugh, when everyone else seems serious.

I can listen, when everyone else wants to talk.

I can be silent, when everyone else is noisy.

I can be me amongst everyone.

I can stand in the flow of it all and stand firm.

For I am responsible for me.

And maybe by being pink, when everyone seems grey, maybe some will see that pink is not such a bad colour.  Maybe some will find their own colours.  Their own shades.  And learn to be their own me.

Yes, I am responsible for me.  I am energy.  I am life.  I am my own creation - every single day.

We all are.  Everyone is a living breathing work of art.

No comments: